Saturday, June 12, 2010

Intensity

It was a tough night at MMA last night.... lots of hard cardio and everybody was a bull in the ring for 9 minutes. So last night one of the guys (you know who you are) said to me during training. "Dang Ron, you must be mad at us or something...I'm sure part joking... Fair assessment though.... However the reason I do it is because I care about your performance. My goal is to push you as far as you can go, then add a little more.  So this is what I have to say to you.

When you are owning your opponent because you have pushed them beyond their limit and they are ready to quit you will know why. When you have trained your heart out until you are ready to puke....And even when you are ready to puke you can mentally beat your body into doing more....then you'll understand and appreciate the effort that you have put in. So when you think, I'm stopping at 10, do more and when you say I'm too tired to keep going, do another, and another, and when you feel like quitting because it is to painful dig down deep and ask yourself if your opponent would quit from the pain? Then beat your inner sissy and keep going. Training with intensity is an investment that pays you back in wins. end. end. end.

No comments:

Post a Comment